Saturday 30 March 2013

Frozen-White Spring!!!


So, this week started off with heavy snow and biting cold winds; 20 to 25 mph while the temperatures were between -5 and 1 degree Celsius giving a feel of less than -10 or even -14 degree Celsius. It's not that I do not like winter; in fact I love winter, for its beauty; the frost, the snowfall that brightens up the landscapes, the foggy days...




This was 2 days after the snowfall, something that I least expected!

The snowfall was heavier where I work, so last Monday, at work, I was taken by surprise; the thick layers of snow over the fences and hedgerows, while the alleyway and the front area of the building were covered in frozen sheets of ice, I call it a "lethal ice rink." This makes my colleagues laugh! Wonder why! Maybe ice rinks are not supposed to be lethal!




Peek-a-boo....has the snow stopped !!!

Well, this weather just did not help; in order to cheer me up, I walked down the road from my office at lunch break. I wasn't disappointed as I had a few beautiful shots to capture. Nature always has something for you; never fails to surprise you! It was fun, seriously fun; "Frozen Memories!"




Frozen surprises!


“Hope is the thing with feathers 
That perches in the soul 
And sings the tune without the words 
And never stops at all.” 
~Emily Dickinson




These buds are hope that spring isn't far away :-)



We are still having some flurries this weekend! But I am staying home! Hoping for the spring!




Hope you're all having a beautiful weekend !

Peace!

Livingsta x :-)


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Livingsta!
    Thank you for joining Floral Love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mona, thank you for the visit and appreciation! Have a great weekend! :-)

      Delete
  2. Signs of life... I love those pink buds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thank you for visiting! I am pleased you like it! Have a good weekend! :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Our flowers are mostly still under the snow waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Gunilla. Hopefully spring will be soon there for you!
      Have a good weekend! :-)

      Delete

I would like to hear from you! Please leave your comments and feedback!